The Petersen Herd

The Petersen Herd

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fur Baby

For Christmas, Grandma and Papa Horse brought us the fox fur hat that Daddy brought home from Russia.  Grandma wrote a neat note about it for the kids to read and then we all got to try it on.  Darla was so stinking cute in this furry hat.  With the Olympics being hosted in Russia this year I have asked Tyler a lot of questions about his time there as a missionary.  He said that while he was there he didn't really feel homesick, but he missed America.  I thought that was pretty interesting.
I am so thankful for our country.  Even though I think it's royally messed up right now and a lot of our leaders have lost touch with what has historically made us a great nation, I am still so extremely thankful for the rights and privileges that I enjoy here.  Paramount is our freedom to worship according to our own conscience and the freedom to parent in the way that we see fit.  I wouldn't live anywhere else on earth . . . . yet :)

No comments: